We are aware that the Control Strip is missing from the Group 5 kiosk after our latest software update. Because the Control Strip has not functioned as expected, despite our Development Team's continued efforts, we have removed it from the kiosk until we are able to deploy a stable version with full functionality. The introduction of the Control Strip on the Group 5 product was something for which we were excited, but we realize that it has not worked as intended for every one of our customers. Our plan is to temporarily remove the Control Strip while we work to get it right. Our market research suggests that the most used feature of the Control Strip is the “stop” functionality, with little use of the “pause” and “fast forward/rewind” functionality.
Until we re-introduce a more stable version of the Control Strip, here is how you can best workaround its temporary absence:
- Videos can be stopped through the Admin menu on the kiosk.
- Tap “Admin” in the top right corner of the kiosk.
- Enter passcode 2411 to log in.
- Select “Stop video playback” on the top left side.
- Select “OK” on the “Video will stop playing shortly” dialogue box.
- Close out of the Admin Menu.
- You can also select a new video while a video is playing. This eliminates the need for the “stop” and “pause” button.
Thank you for your patience as we work to deploy a fix for this as quickly as possible.