Over the course of 8/29 and 8/30, we will be applying an update to the kiosk (iPad) portion of your Fitness On Demand system. This release will correct the scheduling issues that have prevented scheduled classes from displaying and playing at their selected times.
- The calendar on the kiosk will match the calendar on the CCP.
- Scheduled classes will begin to play at the scheduled time.
Over the next two days, you can expect the following behavior from your kiosk:
- The FOD application will close on the kiosk.
- A screen that says "Fitness On Demand Will Return Shortly" will display on the kiosk.
- After five to ten minutes the "Fitness On Demand Will Return Shortly" message should clear, and relaunch the FOD application.
- If the wait screen does not clear automatically after ten minutes, please reach out to our Support team at fitnessondemand247.com/support and we will be able to remotely reboot your kiosk.
We are working through one known issue after the deployment regarding the Control Strip, as outlined below:
- Control Strip on the iPad disabled:
- Control strip is not functioning as expected, so we are removing it from the kiosk until we are able to deploy a stable version with full functionality.
- The introduction of the Control Strip on the Group 5 product was something for which we were excited, but we realize that it has not worked as intended for every one of our customers. Our plan is to temporarily remove the Control Strip while we work to get it right. Our market research suggests that the most used feature of the Control Strip is the “stop” functionality, with little use of the “pause” and “fast forward/rewind” functionality. Until we re-introduce a more stable version of the Control Strip, here is how you can best workaround its temporary absence:
- Videos can be stopped through the Admin menu on the kiosk.
- Tap “Admin” in the top right corner of the kiosk.
- Enter passcode 2411 to log in.
- Select “Stop video playback” on the top left side.
- Select “OK” on the “Video will stop playing shortly” dialogue box.
- Close out of the Admin Menu.
- You can also select a new video while a video is playing. This eliminates the need for the “stop” and “pause” button.
As always, please do not hesitate to reach out to the Support team with any questions, and thank you for using Fitness On Demand!